Monday 11 January 2010

Problems with deployment

Well it would seem that although the initial deployment takes place without any problems, deploying any changes is not as straight forward. Here's what I'm encountering...
  1. Changes made to some of the webscripts. Nothing exiting at the moment, just changing the footer text of the basic template.
  2. Trying to do mvn tomcat:deploy results in a build error saying that it "Cannot invoke Tomcat manager: FAIL - Application already exists at path /community.
  3. Ok, perhaps that's a valid message I said to myself. Standard logic might suggest that it cant deploy something that's already there. So, after a bit of poking around I try mvn tomcat:redeploy
  4. Uh oh, although I now get a build successful message, when trying to view the site I get a 404 message.
  5. Not only that, when I go back in to view the file on which I did the original edit, it has reverted back to its pre-edit state.
Bit stumped at the moment, the investigation continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment