Sunday 10 January 2010

Starting Out

When it was announced that Alfresco were collaborating with Spring on a new framework to make building Surf applications a lot easier, I was thrilled to say the least. My first tentative steps into building applications with Surf had not gone very well. Although the potential of the Surf platform was evident, it was very clunky, involved lots and lots of XML configuration files, and trying to get your head around how everything fitted together made the whole product seem impenetrable.

So, here goes with Roo. Hopefully a quick an easy command line tool (or eclipse add in) that will make the whole process a lot less painful. I'll try and document my successes and pitfalls along the way for my own, as well as anyone elses future benefit!

No comments:

Post a Comment